The Pittsburgh Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® is dedicated to combating breast cancer at every front. Up to 75 percent of the Affiliate’s net income goes toward funding grants to community hospitals and organizations that provide breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs for medically underserved women. The remaining net income (a minimum of 25 percent) supports the national Komen Grants Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research, meritorious awards and educational and scientific programs around the world.
The Komen Pittsburgh Affiliate’s service area covers 30 counties in central and western Pennsylvania. Thanks to the thousands of people who participant in the Susan G. Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure® and other Affiliate events each year, dedicated corporate partners and generous donors, Komen pittsburgh is playing a vital role in fighting breast cancer in our community