The Pittsburgh Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure—along with those who generously support us with their talent, time and resources—is working to better the lives of those in our community facing breast cancer. We join 1,000,000 breast cancer survivors and activists around the globe as part of the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network fighting breast cancer. Through events like the annual Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure, we have raised funds and invested almost $17 million in local breast health and breast cancer awareness projects in 30 counties in western and central Pennsylvania. 75% of the net proceeds generated by the Komen Pittsburgh Affiliate remain in western and central Pennsylvania. The remaining 25% goes to the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure Grants Program to fund innovative scientific research for breast cancer.
In addition to the Large Grants Program (requests for funding greater than $7,500) the Affiliate also offers a Small Grants Programwhich has a rolling application date and a maximum request of $7,500 per program application. The two types of programs supported through small grants include:
1) Travel Grant Request for professional development as it applies to providing breast health care and knowledge to the women in our service area,
2) Program Grant Request for new initiatives or programs which will improve the breast health of the women in the community.